October 22, 2017
In this week's episode of the For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast, Paul and Justin share their thoughts on the start of the season, and while "yikes" may sum it up well, they try to find some silver lining. So, listen in as the guys discuss:
- Earl Watson's starting lineup and rotations (NOT one of the previously-mentioned silver linings);
- Dragan Bender's improved play on the defensive end; and
- Devin Booker's improved playmaking ability.
Also, many of you know that Justin is blocked by Eric Bledose on Twitter - and some have even tried to get Bledsoe to unblock him. Well, Justin is not unblocked yet, but he explains how it is all a big misunderstanding and why he deserves to be unblocked. As always, you can keep up with Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter and/or leave comments below.
October 8, 2017
With the preseason underway and the regular season right around the corner, Paul and Justin are back with Bright Side of the Sun's For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. In their first episode of the new season, the guys discuss:
- The future roles of T.J. Warren and Alex Len;
- The acquisition of Troy Daniels;
- Their expectations for Josh Jackson; and
- Their observations so far this preseason.
Follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter and/or leave your comments or questions below.
July 15, 2017
Paul and Justin are fresh off their trip to Vegas for Summer League and check in with the latest episode of the For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. The guys discuss:
- Their experience at the NBA Summer League;
- Breakdowns of the Suns games;
- Their top performers for the Suns; and
- Other recent news and rumors involving the team.
As always, follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter. And everyone try to stay cool this summer while we wait for the start of the season!
June 26, 2017
Paul and Justin put a wrap on the NBA Draft in this edition of the For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. The guys are joined again by Shar from www.theredcouch.net and discuss, among other things:
- The Suns selecting Josh Jackson;
- How Jackson ended up being a Phoenix Sun; and
- What may come during the rest of the offseason.
Paul and Justin are going to make their way to Las Vegas for the first weekend of Summer League. Keep an eye out for the next For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast where they will share their Summer League observations.
June 21, 2017
Paul and Justin check in with a pre-NBA Draft Special Edition of the For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. They are joined this week by Shar Bahmani from www.theredcouch.net, and the guys discuss:
- How they think the chips will fall before the Suns pick at 4;
- Who the Suns will take with their first-round pick;
- Targets for the Suns in the second round; and
- Recent trades and potential trades, including the 76ers moving up to #1 (and whether it could have been the Suns making that trade with the Celtics) and the recent rumors surrounding Kristaps Porzingis.
Follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter, and check out Shar's site at www.theredcouch.net. Stay tuned, as Paul and Justin will be back after the Draft with a post-Draft wrap up.
June 4, 2017
Paul and Justin check in with their first offseason edition of Bright Side of Sun's For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. In this episode, Paul and Justin discuss:
- The Suns' continued bad luck (or continued rigging, as Justin contends) in the lottery;
- Why having the #4 pick isn not necessarily a bad thing;
- Who the Suns should be targeting at #4; and
- Thoughts on potential draft-related trades involving the Suns.
Follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter and let the guys know what you think in the comments below. Also, stay tuned for another offseason edition soon where the guys go further in depth on some of the prospects who may be in play for the Suns when the NBA Draft rolls around on June 22.
April 23, 2017
Paul and Justin put a wrap on this season by handing out grades for everyone on the Suns. Who scored high? Who scored low? What is to come for the Suns next season? Check out this week's episode and find out.
The guys will be checking in throughout the off-season, but in the meantime, give them a follow on Twitter (@DervishOfWhirl and @SoSaysJ).
April 9, 2017
Paul and Justin check in with the latest edition of Bright Side of the Sun's For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast. The season is winding down and, in this episode, the guys discuss:
- The Suns avoiding the wrong side of NBA history;
- How the Suns are playing the role as NBA "heels"; and
- The status of the ever-important reverse standings.
Check in next time when the guys hand out their season grades for the Phoenix Suns. Also, follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter, and let them know your thoughts and comments below.
March 27, 2017
Paul and Justin check in with this week's For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast. As you may expect, the guys are all about Devin Booker's huge game. In particular, Paul and Justin discuss:
- The fact that Booker made history while also playing efficiently and contributing all around;
- How Booker has improved his play by being more aggressive on offense;
- Booker's potential as a defender; and
- The continuing trend of Booker drawing the ire of his opponents and what NBA greats shared the similar ability.
As always, you can chime in below or connets with Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter.
March 19, 2017
In with this week's episode of the For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast, Paul and Justin address all of the recent off-court developments with the Phoenix Suns, including:
- Eric Bledsoe being shut down for the season and whether it is any indication of the team's long-term plans for him.
- Brandon Knight shutting himself down and what exactly the Suns can do about the ever-devolving Knight situation.
- Suns' brass telling fans that the team is designed to compete in 2020 and how that may indicate the team's plans for the upcoming draft (and even the 2018 NBA Draft).
Let the guys know your thoughts, comments, and questions below and follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter.