April 23, 2017
Paul and Justin put a wrap on this season by handing out grades for everyone on the Suns. Who scored high? Who scored low? What is to come for the Suns next season? Check out this week's episode and find out.
The guys will be checking in throughout the off-season, but in the meantime, give them a follow on Twitter (@DervishOfWhirl and @SoSaysJ).
April 9, 2017
Paul and Justin check in with the latest edition of Bright Side of the Sun's For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast. The season is winding down and, in this episode, the guys discuss:
- The Suns avoiding the wrong side of NBA history;
- How the Suns are playing the role as NBA "heels"; and
- The status of the ever-important reverse standings.
Check in next time when the guys hand out their season grades for the Phoenix Suns. Also, follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter, and let them know your thoughts and comments below.
March 27, 2017
Paul and Justin check in with this week's For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast. As you may expect, the guys are all about Devin Booker's huge game. In particular, Paul and Justin discuss:
- The fact that Booker made history while also playing efficiently and contributing all around;
- How Booker has improved his play by being more aggressive on offense;
- Booker's potential as a defender; and
- The continuing trend of Booker drawing the ire of his opponents and what NBA greats shared the similar ability.
As always, you can chime in below or connets with Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter.
March 19, 2017
In with this week's episode of the For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast, Paul and Justin address all of the recent off-court developments with the Phoenix Suns, including:
- Eric Bledsoe being shut down for the season and whether it is any indication of the team's long-term plans for him.
- Brandon Knight shutting himself down and what exactly the Suns can do about the ever-devolving Knight situation.
- Suns' brass telling fans that the team is designed to compete in 2020 and how that may indicate the team's plans for the upcoming draft (and even the 2018 NBA Draft).
Let the guys know your thoughts, comments, and questions below and follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter.
March 4, 2017
Paul and Justin return with the first post-All-Star Break/trade deadline edition of the For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast. We have seen some significant changes since the Suns returned to action, and those changes have ignited a new sense of excitement in Paul and Justin. This week, the guys discuss:
- The trade of P.J. Tucker and the "blockbuster" trade with an Eastern Conference time that didn't (and shouldn't) happen.
- Some common misconceptions about the NBA salary floor and why the Suns traded for Mike Scott to hit that floor.
- The increase in playing time for Tyler Ulis, Alan Williams, and Derrick Jones, Jr.
- Why Alan Williams' strong play may make the Alex Len decision easier.
- How the Suns are suddenly becoming an exicitng and fun team to watch.
The guys think the future is looking brighter than ever. Let's hope they're right. Tweet at Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) or share your thoughts and comments below.
February 22, 2017
We have a Trade Deadline Special Edition of the For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast this week. First off, Paul and Justin chime in with their thoughts as to what happened (and didn't happen) in relation to DeMarcus Cousins, why Boogie is not wearing purple and orange, and whether the Suns should have pushed harder to get him.
In addition, the Bright Side of the Sun readers spoke, and the guys listened. They break down a bunch of the trades that you readers suggested, including trades where the Suns would get one of the following guys:
- Andrew Wiggins;
- Jimmy Butler;
- Paul George; and
- Derrick Favors.
While we are all still waiting to see what the Suns do or don't do before the trade deadline, you can bet that the first post-deadline For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast will discuss what moves happen (or don't happen).
February 10, 2017
Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) check in this week to discuss all the happenings in the world of the Phoenix Suns, including:
- Where they stand on Robert Sarver as an owner.
- Whether Phoenix could be the right situation for DeMarcus Cousins.
- What they'd give up to get Cousins and how acquiring him could change the trajectroy of the franchise.
- How they think the Suns' representatives will fare over All-Star Weekend.
Also, with All-Star Weekend approaching, the next For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast will include a mailbag session. So, keep an eye out on Bright Side of the Sun for a post where you can ask Paul and Justin to answer your questions regarding the Phoenix Suns' past, present, and future.
January 28, 2017
On this week's edition of Bright Side of the Sun's For the Fans, by the Fan's Podcast, Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) disuss all things Phoenix Suns, including:
- The improved play of the Suns over the past month and why it's happening.
- Is the signing of Ronnie Price the precurser of a trade?
- Which member of the team is most likely to be traded before the trade deadline? Tucker? Chandler? Knight?
- Is it even worth trading Tucker or Chandler, or are their values as members of the Suns greater than what the Suns would get in return?
- As crazy as it sounds, could Eric Bledsoe's outstanding play of late, combined with a potentially epic crop of point guards in the 2017 Draft, actually bring him into trade discussions?
Let the guys know what you think on Twitter or in the comment section below.
January 21, 2017
Paul and Justin are joined this week by Adam Spinella from www.bballbreakdown.com. Adam recently wrote an article breaking down the current status of the Suns' rebuild and the long term outlook for the team. It's a great read and you can check it out here: http://bballbreakdown.com/2017/01/09/the-coaching-spin-checking-on-the-suns-rebuild-in-phoenix/. Listen in as Adam and the guys discuss, among other things:
- where Earl Watson is taking the team;
- the development of the Suns' rookies;
- what needs to be done to improve the efficiency of the Suns' offense and defense; and
- what moves may shape the look of the Suns' roster for the years to come.
Check out Adam's other work over at www.bballbreakdown.com and follow him on Twitter @Spinella14. And, of course, leave any comments below or hit up Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter.
January 15, 2017
Devin Booker’s play has improved greatly as of late, and everyone’s two favorite Suns fans have taken notice. In fact Justin not only takes notice, he takes credit for it! (I’m not kidding, he actually takes credit for it.) Nonetheless, does that mean Justin is no longer at DEFCON 3 in relation to Booker? Find out in this week’s episode of Bright Side of the Sun’s For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast.
In addition, the guys chime in about NBA trade season. Among other things, they discuss:
- the trade fashioned by our own Kellan Olson, which would see Nerlens Noel end up in a Suns’ uniform.
- how such a move would affect the Suns’ draft strategy this year (and, as an aside, whether Paul first associates the name “Josh Jackson” with the Kansas Jayhawks small forward or Pacey from Dawson’s Creek).
- whether the Suns should have drafted Noel in 2013 in the first place.
Share your thoughts with Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter or in the comment section below. And stay tuned next week for a potential surprise from the guys!