December 13, 2017
Well, hello, everyone. Long time no see. With the holidays and travel schedules, we've been away for a bit, but, fear not, we are back with another episode of the For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast. This week, we are joined by special guest Raffaele Rosa. Raff is a contributor to the Bench Mob NBA Podcast and a Suns fan from Australia. He was on a trip state-side to take in some NBA action, and we ran into him at the Solar Panel's Brews & Hoops Mixer (shout out to Dave, Tim, and Espo for putting that together!). Raff was kind enough to sit down with us before heading back down under and discusses:
- How he became a Suns fan (which gives us a chance to reminisce about the Seven Seconds or Less Era);
- His adventure to see (or at least try to see) the NAZ Suns; and
- His takeaways from the two Suns games he was able to see.
You can find Raff on Twitter (@_raffaelerosa) and, of course, you can catch both of us on Twitter as well (@DervishOfWhirl and @SoSaysJ). Thanks again to Raff for joining us, and feel free to leave questions, thoughts, ideas, etc. in the Comments Section below. Until next time, Suns fans!
November 19, 2017
We're back with the latest episode of the For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast. This week, we run through a recap of the Suns' most recent games and discuss:
- the altercations during the games against the Lakers this week;
- our impressions of Greg Monroe thus far;
- the concept of Devin Booker playing point guard; and
- the struggles of Marquese Chriss and whether Dragan Bender should start in front of him.
Leave your comments or questions in the comment section below, or hit us up on Twitter (@DervishOfWhirl and @SoSaysJ). Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!
November 12, 2017
Paul and Justin here, and we are back with a new episode of Bright Side of the Sun's For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast. This week, we discuss:
- the Eric Bledsoe trade;
- what we think the Suns will do with the pieces the team received for Bledsoe; and
- the team's play since the end of the new coach bump.
We also want to remind everyone that Bright Side Night is scheduled for January 14, 2018. Don't forget to donate! As always, share your thoughts in the comment section below, or follow us on Twitter (@DervishOfWhirl and @SoSaysJ). Until next time!
October 29, 2017
In this week's episode of BSotS's For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast, Paul and Justin give their thoughts on a wild week for the Phoenix Suns, including:
- salon tweeting with Eric Bledsoe;
- the firing of Earl Watson; and
- the improved play of the team since Bledsoe was sent home and Watson fired.
The guys also give their thoughts on #SarverOut "movement." Get in touch with Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) or Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter, or leave comments for the guys below.
October 22, 2017
In this week's episode of the For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast, Paul and Justin share their thoughts on the start of the season, and while "yikes" may sum it up well, they try to find some silver lining. So, listen in as the guys discuss:
- Earl Watson's starting lineup and rotations (NOT one of the previously-mentioned silver linings);
- Dragan Bender's improved play on the defensive end; and
- Devin Booker's improved playmaking ability.
Also, many of you know that Justin is blocked by Eric Bledose on Twitter - and some have even tried to get Bledsoe to unblock him. Well, Justin is not unblocked yet, but he explains how it is all a big misunderstanding and why he deserves to be unblocked. As always, you can keep up with Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter and/or leave comments below.
October 8, 2017
With the preseason underway and the regular season right around the corner, Paul and Justin are back with Bright Side of the Sun's For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. In their first episode of the new season, the guys discuss:
- The future roles of T.J. Warren and Alex Len;
- The acquisition of Troy Daniels;
- Their expectations for Josh Jackson; and
- Their observations so far this preseason.
Follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter and/or leave your comments or questions below.
July 15, 2017
Paul and Justin are fresh off their trip to Vegas for Summer League and check in with the latest episode of the For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. The guys discuss:
- Their experience at the NBA Summer League;
- Breakdowns of the Suns games;
- Their top performers for the Suns; and
- Other recent news and rumors involving the team.
As always, follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter. And everyone try to stay cool this summer while we wait for the start of the season!
June 26, 2017
Paul and Justin put a wrap on the NBA Draft in this edition of the For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. The guys are joined again by Shar from www.theredcouch.net and discuss, among other things:
- The Suns selecting Josh Jackson;
- How Jackson ended up being a Phoenix Sun; and
- What may come during the rest of the offseason.
Paul and Justin are going to make their way to Las Vegas for the first weekend of Summer League. Keep an eye out for the next For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast where they will share their Summer League observations.
June 21, 2017
Paul and Justin check in with a pre-NBA Draft Special Edition of the For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. They are joined this week by Shar Bahmani from www.theredcouch.net, and the guys discuss:
- How they think the chips will fall before the Suns pick at 4;
- Who the Suns will take with their first-round pick;
- Targets for the Suns in the second round; and
- Recent trades and potential trades, including the 76ers moving up to #1 (and whether it could have been the Suns making that trade with the Celtics) and the recent rumors surrounding Kristaps Porzingis.
Follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter, and check out Shar's site at www.theredcouch.net. Stay tuned, as Paul and Justin will be back after the Draft with a post-Draft wrap up.
June 4, 2017
Paul and Justin check in with their first offseason edition of Bright Side of Sun's For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. In this episode, Paul and Justin discuss:
- The Suns' continued bad luck (or continued rigging, as Justin contends) in the lottery;
- Why having the #4 pick isn not necessarily a bad thing;
- Who the Suns should be targeting at #4; and
- Thoughts on potential draft-related trades involving the Suns.
Follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter and let the guys know what you think in the comments below. Also, stay tuned for another offseason edition soon where the guys go further in depth on some of the prospects who may be in play for the Suns when the NBA Draft rolls around on June 22.