January 13, 2018
Listen in as Paul and Justin bring you the newly minted Fanning the Flames podcast. It's still for the fans. It's still by the fans. It just has a new name (listen to the episode to find out why). This week, the guys discuss:
- Why making a move for the purpose of making a playoff push is unnecessary;
- Where the Suns will find themselves at the end of the season; and
- What moves actually make sense for the team.
If you're going to Bright Side Night this weekend, don't forget about the meet up that Paul and Justin are hosting at The Park starting at 2:30. Stop by, say hi, and ask Paul to buy you a beer. Follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter, and also check out the podcast's new Twitter handle, @FanTheFlamesNBA. Until next time!
January 2, 2018
Happy New Year, Suns fans! Welcome to the first 2018 edition of the For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast (with the holidays behind us, we'll be around more regularly). This week, we discuss a whole lot of Devin Booker, including our thoughts on:
- Booker being part of the Suns' decision-making process moving forward;
- Booker's approach to the game today versus the latter part of his rookie year and first part of last season; and
- the team's performance with Booker out.
It's not all Booker, as we also touch on Isaiah Canaan's arrival and Mike James' recent week of firsts. Thoughts, comments, questions? Leave them in the comment section below, or you can catch us on Twitter (@DervishOfWhirl and @SoSaysJ). Until next time!
December 13, 2017
Well, hello, everyone. Long time no see. With the holidays and travel schedules, we've been away for a bit, but, fear not, we are back with another episode of the For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast. This week, we are joined by special guest Raffaele Rosa. Raff is a contributor to the Bench Mob NBA Podcast and a Suns fan from Australia. He was on a trip state-side to take in some NBA action, and we ran into him at the Solar Panel's Brews & Hoops Mixer (shout out to Dave, Tim, and Espo for putting that together!). Raff was kind enough to sit down with us before heading back down under and discusses:
- How he became a Suns fan (which gives us a chance to reminisce about the Seven Seconds or Less Era);
- His adventure to see (or at least try to see) the NAZ Suns; and
- His takeaways from the two Suns games he was able to see.
You can find Raff on Twitter (@_raffaelerosa) and, of course, you can catch both of us on Twitter as well (@DervishOfWhirl and @SoSaysJ). Thanks again to Raff for joining us, and feel free to leave questions, thoughts, ideas, etc. in the Comments Section below. Until next time, Suns fans!
November 19, 2017
We're back with the latest episode of the For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast. This week, we run through a recap of the Suns' most recent games and discuss:
- the altercations during the games against the Lakers this week;
- our impressions of Greg Monroe thus far;
- the concept of Devin Booker playing point guard; and
- the struggles of Marquese Chriss and whether Dragan Bender should start in front of him.
Leave your comments or questions in the comment section below, or hit us up on Twitter (@DervishOfWhirl and @SoSaysJ). Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!
November 12, 2017
Paul and Justin here, and we are back with a new episode of Bright Side of the Sun's For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast. This week, we discuss:
- the Eric Bledsoe trade;
- what we think the Suns will do with the pieces the team received for Bledsoe; and
- the team's play since the end of the new coach bump.
We also want to remind everyone that Bright Side Night is scheduled for January 14, 2018. Don't forget to donate! As always, share your thoughts in the comment section below, or follow us on Twitter (@DervishOfWhirl and @SoSaysJ). Until next time!
October 29, 2017
In this week's episode of BSotS's For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast, Paul and Justin give their thoughts on a wild week for the Phoenix Suns, including:
- salon tweeting with Eric Bledsoe;
- the firing of Earl Watson; and
- the improved play of the team since Bledsoe was sent home and Watson fired.
The guys also give their thoughts on #SarverOut "movement." Get in touch with Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) or Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter, or leave comments for the guys below.
October 22, 2017
In this week's episode of the For the Fans, by the Fans Podcast, Paul and Justin share their thoughts on the start of the season, and while "yikes" may sum it up well, they try to find some silver lining. So, listen in as the guys discuss:
- Earl Watson's starting lineup and rotations (NOT one of the previously-mentioned silver linings);
- Dragan Bender's improved play on the defensive end; and
- Devin Booker's improved playmaking ability.
Also, many of you know that Justin is blocked by Eric Bledose on Twitter - and some have even tried to get Bledsoe to unblock him. Well, Justin is not unblocked yet, but he explains how it is all a big misunderstanding and why he deserves to be unblocked. As always, you can keep up with Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter and/or leave comments below.
October 8, 2017
With the preseason underway and the regular season right around the corner, Paul and Justin are back with Bright Side of the Sun's For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. In their first episode of the new season, the guys discuss:
- The future roles of T.J. Warren and Alex Len;
- The acquisition of Troy Daniels;
- Their expectations for Josh Jackson; and
- Their observations so far this preseason.
Follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter and/or leave your comments or questions below.
July 15, 2017
Paul and Justin are fresh off their trip to Vegas for Summer League and check in with the latest episode of the For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. The guys discuss:
- Their experience at the NBA Summer League;
- Breakdowns of the Suns games;
- Their top performers for the Suns; and
- Other recent news and rumors involving the team.
As always, follow Paul (@DervishOfWhirl) and Justin (@SoSaysJ) on Twitter. And everyone try to stay cool this summer while we wait for the start of the season!
June 26, 2017
Paul and Justin put a wrap on the NBA Draft in this edition of the For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast. The guys are joined again by Shar from www.theredcouch.net and discuss, among other things:
- The Suns selecting Josh Jackson;
- How Jackson ended up being a Phoenix Sun; and
- What may come during the rest of the offseason.
Paul and Justin are going to make their way to Las Vegas for the first weekend of Summer League. Keep an eye out for the next For the Fans, By the Fans Podcast where they will share their Summer League observations.